Electrical Engineering Division
9 JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 0FA, United Kingdom
Reception Tel: +44 (0)1223 748300
Arriving by train
If you are arriving by train, it takes about 20 minutes by taxi to reach the Electrical Engineering Division building from Cambridge Station.
Arriving by car
• Driving north on the M11 from London/Stansted, leave the M11 at Junction 13, and turn right along Madingley Road (A1303) towards Cambridge.
• If travelling by car from the north towards Cambridge, drive south on the A14 and continue going south onto the M11. Because it is not possible to leave the M11 at Junction 13 when travelling south, you should continue along the M11 to junction 12 (Cambridge, Wimpole and Barton), and double back to Junction 13, by negotiating the two roundabouts to re-join the motorway going north so that you can take the exit off the M11 towards Cambridge at Junction 13 as above.
• Take the second turning on the right (JJ Thomson Avenue – signed to the Cavendish Lab).
• Take the first left, between the Whittle Building and the William Gates Building.
• Follow the road around to the Electrical Engineering Division building which is on the left after the Microsoft building. The Reception Desk is at the front on the Building, just inside the main entrance.
• There is a small visitors’ car park at the front of the Electrical Engineering building next to the fountain. Alternatively, if this is full, you may use the larger staff car park at the rear. To get through the barrier leading to the rear car park either call in at our Reception Desk first or press the button at the barrier to ask our Receptionist to open the barrier for you.